The best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Tucson is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that increase rates like distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Spark EV coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. Immediately store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s an obvious assumption that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around for a cheaper policy will probably buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that drivers who compared prices once a year saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding budget-friendly insurance is your objective, then having a grasp of how to compare auto insurance can help simplify the process.
Do you qualify for discounts on Chevy Spark EV insurance in Tucson?
Auto insurance companies do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors are able to get reduced rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Spark EV insurance in Tucson.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Tucson can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next car insurance statement.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Spark EV can get you a discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Tucson auto insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Popular car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple policy, defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, newly retired, multi-car, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- American Family includes discounts for early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, air bags, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for pay in full, mature driver, early shopping, good student, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for multi-policy, air bags, good student, multiple vehicles, company car, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts for multi-car, drive less, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, and safe driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Tucson. To choose companies with the best discounts in Tucson, click here.
The best way to compare rate quotes for Chevy Spark EV insurance in Tucson utilizes the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them rating details such as the year, make and model of vehicles, if the car is leased, types of safety features, and if your license is active. The data is instantly submitted to all major companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
To check rates for your Chevy Spark EV now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Tucson.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Tucson, AZ. In order to find the best cheap car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Six Things That Affect Your Insurance Prices
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that play a part in calculating your insurance rates. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Many things are taken into consideration when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Low credit rating equals high prices – Having a bad credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Spark EV if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
Save mileage and save money – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how much you drive. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Verify your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Spark EV can cost quite a bit.
What are good liability insurance limits? – Liability coverage provides coverage when you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Pay more by driving carelessly – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Only having one speeding ticket or other violation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have serious citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Gender impacts premiums – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
Raise deductibles and save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many people would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a smart move One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to participating agents in Tucson that provide free Tucson auto insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered instantly to you. You’ll get the best rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Tucson?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Tucson may be either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Tucson who may provide you with price quotes.
American Family Insurance – Marla Avina Agency Inc.
1101 S Sherwood Village Dr – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 546-8877 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you will want to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get price quote information.
Once you have received satisfactory answers to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you’ve probably found a car insurance agent that meets the requirements to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind policyholders can cancel a policy whenever you want so don’t assume that you’re stuck with a policy for the full term.
Protect your Spark EV and other assets
Despite the high cost, buying insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy Spark EV, it’s most likely the lender will require you to buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your Spark EV are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the highest-rated company can be difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The company ratings shown next may help you analyze which auto insurance companies to look at comparing prices from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
How much can you save?
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Cheaper Chevy Spark EV insurance in Tucson is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Tucson, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Subaru Impreza in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)