Sadly, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Arizona consumers can cut their rates by roughly 50% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rates.
It takes a little time, but the best way to quote cheaper Nissan Juke insurance in Tucson is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Get a basic knowledge of policy coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if cheaper Juke coverage is available in Tucson. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these cost-cutting techniques to save money without sacrificing coverage. This information will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some tips to save money. Smart shoppers just need to learn the least time-consuming way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap car insurance in AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Why you need quality insurance for your Juke
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Tucson, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your Juke, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Nissan Juke and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your Juke are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to save money.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Tucson Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Student in College – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Tucson without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Sign Online – A handful of auto insurance companies will give you a small discount simply for signing online.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Juke insurance in Tucson.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can save you some money because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and driver’s education.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Travelers may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, driver training, student away at school, good student, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, air bags, accident-free, Steer into Savings, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new graduate, new move discount, newly married, safety features, and good student.
If you need low cost Tucson car insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. To find providers with discount auto insurance rates in Arizona, click this link.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your information gets sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Tucson should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
What types of auto insurance agents are in Tucson?
If you prefer to buy insurance from an insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Insurance agencies in Tucson can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn the difference between them since it could factor into buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are Tucson exclusive agents who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Juan M. Salazar Jr
1100 E Ajo Way Ste 210 – Tucson, AZ 85713 – (520) 792-2100 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: David Mahony
5831 E Speedway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85712 – (520) 721-9355 – View Map
- Paul Heiser – State Farm Insurance Agent
2654 N Campbell Ave – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 327-7884 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. They often place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Shown below are Tucson independent agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- Allied Insurance Group
2424 E Broadway Blvd # 114 – Tucson, AZ 85719 – (520) 918-2886 – View Map
- Pacific International Insurance, LLC
2193 N Camino Principal – Tucson, AZ 85715 – (520) 886-3066 – View Map
- McElwain Insurance
1717 N Tucson Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 327-3369 – View Map
How to know if you need help
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Is pet coverage available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
Cheaper auto insurance in Tucson is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for affordable Nissan Juke insurance quotes, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to reduce Nissan Juke insurance car insurance rates online in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company. These companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Rogue in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tucson Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Tucson Auto Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)