How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable Kia Soul insurance in Tucson? Are you burned out from trying to scrape together enough money to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Arizona.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in Tucson could pocket approximately $700 a year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know the rate savings if they switched.
Steps to buying low-cost Kia Soul insurance in Tucson
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Tucson is to compare prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by completing these steps.
First, learn about policy coverages and the things you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Tucson. If you find better rates, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Due to the large number of online and local companies to choose from, it is very difficult to pick the most affordable car insurance provider.
Most companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO provide coverage price quotes direct online. This process is possible for anyone as you just enter your required coverages into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their rating system automatically retrieves reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price determined by many factors. The ability to get online quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Tucson makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to get many rate quotes in order to find cheaper prices.
To quickly compare pricing, check out the auto insurance providers below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverage information identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get a price comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Arizona. To buy the cheapest car insurance in AZ, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Affordable Tucson insurance rates with discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Defensive Driver – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Tucson car insurance quote.
- Good Grades Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Sign Online – Some companies will provide an incentive just for signing your application on the internet.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some companies give a small discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
It’s important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Soul insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The information is based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Popular insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for defensive driver, early bird, 55 and older, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has discounts for passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, and driver’s education.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, accident-free, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for multi-car, safety device, good student, online shopper, and Pac-12 alumni.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When getting free Tucson car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above might not apply in Tucson.
Insurance statistics for a Kia Soul
The premium table shown below covers estimates of coverage prices for Kia Soul models. Having knowledge of how policy rates are figured can be valuable when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in your specific Tucson location which can revise rates significantly.
Policy deductible comparison
The hardest decision when buying coverage is how high should the physical damage coverage deductibles be. The data tables below can help you understand the rate difference between high and low physical damage deductibles. The first price estimate table uses a $100 deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease premiums considerably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible will cost in the ballpark of $21 more each month or $252 a year than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $400 more out of your own pocket with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you have at a minimum 19 months between claims, you would most likely save money if you choose a higher deductible.
How to calculate deductible break even period
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$98|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $77|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$21|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $21|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||19 months|
An important sidenote is that a higher deductible means you pay more out-of-pocket when you do file a claim. You need some extra funds in order to pay the deductible to have repairs made.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Kia Soul insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Kia Soul liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the comparison of Kia Soul insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rates are based on no accidents or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Kia Soul settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $500 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Auto insurance is available from agents near you
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area that provide free Tucson car insurance quotes for your business. You won’t need to find an agent on your own due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Tucson should have no problem answering these questions:
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tucson?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
If you want a reliable agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Tucson who can help you get price quotes.
Car insurance can be complex
When it comes to buying insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my Kia Soul covered for smoke damage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- What are good deductibles for a Kia Soul?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Kia Soul Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices.
The following are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Cheaper premiums for being claim-free – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance companies in Arizona give better rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. Your insurance policy is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Kia Soul by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Cheaper rates after marriage – Getting married can get you a discount when buying insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Deter theft and lower insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
- How do annual miles impact prices? – Driving a lot of miles each year the more you will pay for insurance. The majority of insurers charge rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Soul is throwing money out the window. It’s always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because it can save money.
- Incidental coverages that aren’t used – Policies have add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
Bad drivers pay high costs – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Just one speeding ticket or other violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Drivers with multiple citations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault claims can influence Kia Soul premium costs for each different age category. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Loss probability for a Kia Soul – Insurance companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Models that the data determines to have increased losses will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Kia Soul vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Kia Soul Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Soul 89 98 84 138 138 118BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your car, most lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Tucson is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare but don’t skimp
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cheaper Kia Soul insurance in Tucson can be purchased online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We covered many ways to reduce Kia Soul insurance premium rates online in Tucson. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to find affordable quotes for Kia Soul insurance in Tucson
The best way to find lower priced car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Tucson.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a lousy credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Compare rates
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Soul coverage is available. If you find a better price, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More information can be found at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)