Truthfully, the best way to find more affordable Ford Expedition insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies in Tucson. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives the details to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers. Find a Tucson insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new agent or company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on every quote request and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare other rates will most likely move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A study showed that people who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If saving money on car insurance is the reason for your visit, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare auto insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Finding and buying the best policy in Tucson is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you already have coverage or just want cheaper coverage, you can use this information to buy cheaper insurance while maximizing coverage. Shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to quote multiple rates online.
Discounts for cheap auto insurance rates
Companies don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you could be saving more on your auto insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Mature Driver Discount – Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Tucson auto insurance quote.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your next auto insurance statement.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less compared to bad drivers.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any amount of discount will lower the premium cost.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Companies that may offer quotes with some of the discounts shown above are:
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Tucson.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Ford Expedition insurance in Tucson utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is give the companies some data including how much you drive, your general credit rating, whether your vehicle is owned or leased, and what your job is. That rating information gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they respond with quotes quickly.
To get price quotes for your Ford Expedition now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Tucson.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. To buy the best cheap auto insurance in Tucson, AZ, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The coverage table shown next showcases different rate quotes for Ford Expedition models. Learning how car insurance prices are calculated can be useful when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$146||$220||$244||$14||$74||$698||$58|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$166||$268||$244||$14||$74||$766||$64|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$166||$268||$244||$14||$74||$766||$64|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$166||$268||$244||$14||$74||$766||$64|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$166||$316||$244||$14||$74||$814||$68|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$166||$316||$244||$14||$74||$814||$68|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$166||$316||$244||$14||$74||$814||$68|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$184||$316||$244||$14||$74||$832||$69|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$184||$316||$244||$14||$74||$832||$69|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$184||$316||$244||$14||$74||$832||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs. Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when buying insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
More policies can equal more savings – Most major insurance companies will give discounts to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. Consumers may save more without the discount by buying from different companies
Low stress job equals lower rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupations like lawyers, business owners, and medical professionals have the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, engineers and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Men tend to take more risk – Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition car insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance loss probability for a Ford Expedition – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help calculate premium costs. Models that the data determines to have higher losses will cost more to insure.
The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD||67||88||82||55||45||70|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD||70||98||90||54||62||56|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD||74||104||97||52|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD||88||96||110||63||60||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing your policy, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Ford Expedition?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Tucson.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to participating agents in Tucson who will return price quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to quote rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a reliable agent, there are two different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agencies in Tucson can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can do a good job, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier without you having to go to a different agency. If you need lower rates, you will want to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below are independent agencies in Tucson who may provide free auto insurance quotes.
6245 E Broadway BlvdSte 310 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 624-3456 – View Map
- DM Lovitt Insurance Agency
607 N 6th Ave – Tucson, AZ 85705 – (520) 798-1888 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group LLC
5285 E Williams Cir #4500 – Tucson, AZ 85711 – (520) 881-5760 – View Map
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
Listed below are Tucson exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- American Family Insurance – Marla Avina Agency Inc.
1101 S Sherwood Village Dr – Tucson, AZ 85710 – (520) 546-8877 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3255 E Speedway Blvd – Tucson, AZ 85716 – (520) 747-4223 – View Map
- Mike Severson – State Farm Insurance Agent
5475 S Calle Santa Cruz Ste 161 – Tucson, AZ 85706 – (520) 746-1079 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Tucson will have answers to these questions.
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Tucson?
Why you need insurance
Despite the high cost, paying for insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Expedition, most lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Ford at a much higher rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Expedition. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Expedition more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
More effort can pay off
When getting Tucson auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned some good ideas how you can lower your Ford Expedition insurance premium rates in Tucson. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting affordable Tucson auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Tucson? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Over Age 70 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Silverado in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)