I really doubt anyone looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, particularly when they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates annually will presumably switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $865 a year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding low prices for insurance in Tucson is your target objective, then understanding how to shop and compare coverage rates can make it easier for you to save money. Big companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and take the time to shop coverage around.
Cheap companies for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Arizona
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Arizona. To buy cheap auto insurance in Tucson, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Lincoln MKZ insurance analysis
The coverage information shown below outlines estimates of insurance prices for Lincoln MKZ models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are determined can be useful when making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$362||$326||$20||$98||$972||$81|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$362||$326||$20||$98||$972||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Tucson which can influence auto insurance rates considerably.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The illustration below shows how violations and accident claims raise Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates on Lincoln MKZ insurance in Tucson with these car insurance discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help offset the cost. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on MKZ insurance in Tucson.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of providers with discount rates in Arizona, click this link.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The items below are some of the major factors used by companies to determine your prices.
- Insurance rates for married couples – Having a significant other may cut your premiums when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- An active insurance claims history can cost you more – If you file claims often, don’t be surprised to see either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Arizona award better rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, accident forgiveness, and extra equipment coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Performance influences insurance premiums – The performance level of the car or truck you drive makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are usually found on economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following data uses these assumptions: single female driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Lincoln MKZ insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – The more you drive your Lincoln in a year’s time the higher your rate. Many insurance companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your MKZ is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance policy is showing the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Insurance loss statistics a Lincoln MKZ – Car insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that are shown to have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Lincoln MKZ vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Lincoln MKZ Models Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKZ 4dr 2WD 137 85 107 95 89 75 Lincoln MKZ 4dr 4WD 140 82 126 99 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid 4dr 148 84 100 74 82 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to contact an insurance agency
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that can be a great decision Most agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your computer since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a insurance company requires more thought than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- How long has their agency been open in Tucson?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Tucson
If you are searching for a good Tucson insurance agent, there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Tucson agents can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can provide insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They are well trained on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
The following are exclusive agencies in Tucson that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are normally appointed by many insurers and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing insurance prices, we recommend you compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Tucson who can help you get price quotes.
Best auto insurance company in Tucson
Choosing a good quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in Tucson. The company ratings shown below could help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Persistence is the key to cheaper rates
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price.
We just covered many ideas to find cheaper Lincoln MKZ insurance in Tucson. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to buy low-cost Lincoln MKZ insurance in Tucson
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for Lincoln MKZ insurance in Tucson is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Arizona.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important part of this process is to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and to quote with every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional information is located at these links:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Tucson Auto Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21 in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)