A recent car insurance study discovered that most car insurance policyholders in Arizona kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never shopped around. U.S. drivers could save roughly 46.5% every year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the big savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get budget Dodge Dakota insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from different companies in Tucson. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and an imperfect credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if you can save on Dakota insurance. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
How to compare free Tucson Dodge Dakota insurance rate quotes
To find the best insurance rates, there are several ways of comparing rate quotes from companies that offer insurance in Arizona. The easiest way to find the lowest rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
It’s so simple to compare insurance quotes online makes it obsolete to call or drive to insurance agencies in your area. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the personal advice of a licensed agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best price. Not every company allows you to get Tucson Dakota insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. To get the best cheap car insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Dakota in Tucson, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so we recommend shopping around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
The coverage information displayed next outlines estimates of prices for Dodge Dakota models. Being able to understand how premiums are figured is important to be able to make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$108||$240||$424||$26||$126||$924||$77|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$108||$240||$424||$26||$126||$924||$77|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$124||$240||$424||$26||$126||$940||$78|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$124||$240||$424||$26||$126||$940||$78|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$124||$284||$424||$26||$126||$984||$82|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$124||$284||$424||$26||$126||$984||$82|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$338||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$338||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$138||$284||$424||$26||$126||$998||$83|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$338||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$338||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$240||$338||$20||$102||$838||$70|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$284||$338||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$284||$338||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$284||$338||$20||$102||$882||$74|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$154||$284||$338||$20||$102||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can modify rates substantially.
Violations and accidents raise rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can impact Dodge Dakota auto insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Insurance cost for men versus women
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving citations, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Dakota replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Save a ton by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically before being credited.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance companies provide a small discount get Tucson auto insurance digitally online.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Dakota insurance in Tucson.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen so companies will give you a small discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below shows the difference between Dodge Dakota premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The premium estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When quoting, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts may not be offered in Tucson. To see a list of providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Tucson, click here to view.
Buying car insurance from Tucson insurance agents
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Tucson.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Tucson can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Tucson who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Tucson who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is there a local claims center in Tucson?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
Upon receiving good answers and the cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance in Tucson quotes, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be relied on to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance can get complicated
When buying coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
How to find a good Arizona car insurance company
Buying coverage from a highly-rated company is hard considering how many companies sell insurance in Arizona. The ranking data in the next section may help you choose which companies you want to consider purchasing from.
Top 10 Tucson Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Dodge Dakota insurance rates in Tucson. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Tucson auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with an unexpected company.
The cheapest Dodge Dakota insurance in Tucson can be found online as well as from independent agents in Tucson, so get free Tucson auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, link through to these articles:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Tucson Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Tucson? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Tucson? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Tucson Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)